Our friend Ella is six, and her family has known she has Cystic Fibrosis since she was six months old. For Ella, the CF gene affects both her pancreas and her lungs. In her pancreas, it prevents regular digestive enzymes from making it to her stomach to enable absorption of food. In her lungs, the omnipresent mucus catches anything Ella breathes in, causing infections, pneumonia and lung damage. To minimize lasting damage from this condition, Ella follows a daily routine of digestive enzymes with every ounce of food she eats, a chest vibrator to loosen the mucus in her lungs, and other medications to prevent infections and boost Ella’s immune system.
- 30,000 children and adults in the US have Cystic Fibrosis
- 1,000 new cases are diagnosed per year
- CF affects the lungs and pancreas with a sticky, clogging mucus
- Median age expectations for those with CF: 37
While myriad treatments are in the works, every one of those research projects needs funding from individuals in order to keep moving forward. We want Ella to have the chance for those treatments to have an effect on her life, so we’re putting our feet to the pavement for Portland’s Cystic Fibrosis Great Strides walk. We need you to support us in that walk by donating here. Check out the great prizes you could win below! But first, let’s let Ella introduce herself:
For further incentive, this year we’re giving away a couple of great prizes. For every $10 you donate you will get one entry in our drawing. One person will win Farscape: The Complete Series on Region 1 DVD and one person will win Doctor Who: The Complete Specials on Region 1 DVD. Check out the details below and please help us to reach our goal this year! Please click here to donate!.
FARSCAPE: THE COMPLETE SERIES MEGASET™ contains:
* All Four Seasons (88 Episodes) of the series.
* 29 Episode Commentaries, including “Premiere” with Rockne S. O’Bannon, Brian Henson and Ben Browder; “Jeremiah Crichton” with Claudia Black, Producer/Writer David Kemper, Browder and O’Bannon; “Bone to Be Wild” with Anthony Simcoe; “Relativity” with Lani Tupu (Crais/Voice of Pilot) and Director Peter Andrikidis; and, “Bad Timing” which features Browder, Black and Kemper discussing the series’ final episode.
* Multiple featurettes and documentaries including “In the Beginning: A Look Back with Brian Henson”; “Making of a Space Opera” and “Inside Farscape: Save Farscape,” on which fans, cast and crew discuss the fate of their beloved series.
* Multiple video profiles featuring archival clips and cast/crew discussing their characters and roles on Farscape.
* Over 90 minutes of deleted scenes.
* Slideshows and archival photo galleries, including character concepts and promo photos.
* Production design galleries featuring screenshots, rough drafts and concept slide shows.
* Behind-the-Scenes interviews with Ben Browder, Claudia Black, Anthony Simcoe, Virginia Hey, Gigi Edgley, Paul Goddard (Stark), Wayne Pygram (Scorpius) and more.
* Original TV promos and trailers
DOCTOR WHO – THE COMPLETE SPECIALS contains:
*David Tennant’s final specials: “The Next Doctor,” “Planet of the Dead,” “The Waters of Mars” and “The End of Time, Parts One and Two.”
*Doctor Who Confidential for each special, including one never-before-seen for “The Next Doctor.”
*Doctor Who at the Proms
*Deleted scenes with introduction from Russell T. Davies
*David Tennant Video Diaries: The Final Days
*Doctor Who BBC Christmas idents
*Doctor Who at Comic-Con